Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice Seventh edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice Seventh edition
Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice is an authoritative and comprehensive guide for everyone involved in consumer and trading standards law.
This book covers the full range of the work undertaken by consumer protection lawyers and trading standards officers in local authorities.
This user-friendly text provides a clear and exhaustive analysis of the law including case-law and its application, wording of the statutory provision, plus expert commentary and analysis of the practical issues.
This edition has been fully updated and includes:
- The Information chapter has been completely revamped to incorporate the changes made by the EU General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018
- The Travel chapter has been substantially updated to incorporate the Package Travel and Linked Arrangements Regulations 2018
- There has been a complete review of the entire text following the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and the implications of Brexit on 29th March 2019
- Unfair Commercial Practices have been updated to reflect major CJEU cases on article 3.4 (Dyson v BHS Appliances); and maximum harmonisation (Bankia SA v Mari Marion)
- There has been a full update on metrology and hallmarking with extended commentary on public house beer measures
- New commentary on ticket re-selling and estate agency in the Unfair Trading chapter
- Unfair contract terms including new domestic and European case-law
Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice 2019 covers the law in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Table of contents
• Introduction and Primary Authority
• Interpretation of Consumer Law
• Criminal Enforcement
• Civil Enforcement
• Consumer Rights
• Unfair Commercial Practices
• Unfair Contract Terms
• Fraud and Money Laundering
• Unfair Trading
• Intellectual Property
• Product Safety
• Age Restricted Products
• Metrology and Hallmarking
• Consumer Credit
• Food Standards and Information
• Environmental Trading Standards
• Animal Health and Welfare
New!Pre-orderConsumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice Tenth editionNew!Release Date: December 03, 2021£169.99
Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice Ninth editionRelease Date: December 18, 2020£149.99
Arnold-Baker on Local Council Administration Twelfth editionRelease Date: December 09, 2020£149.99