Companies Limited by Guarantee Fourth edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Companies Limited by Guarantee Fourth edition
Companies Limited by Guarantee provides a complete guide to the formation, administration and winding up of companies limited by guarantee and their suitability for a diverse range of purposes. It includes full coverage of:
- The nature and purposes, the advantages and disadvantages and consideration of the circumstances in which they are used
- The company's constitution, including company names, its objects, the guarantee and the content and effect of the articles
- Methods of financing a company limited by guarantee
- Membership of the company, including admission and expulsion of members
- The directors of the company, their appointment, removal and duties
- The calling, requisition and conduct of company meetings
- Reorganisation, takeovers and winding-up of companies limited by guarantee
- Precedent clauses for the company?s constitution are also included, along with useful checklists for lawyers and company secretaries.
This new edition updates the text to take into account the provisions that have been introduced under the Charities Act 2011 including:
- The new charitable form of Charitable Incorporated Organisations under the Charities Act 2011 and the related provisions contained in CIO (General Regulations 2012) along with explanation of where existing charities can adapt the new charitable form
- Update on annual filing requirements (Charitable Companies)
- Amendments to legislation relating to Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Update of model articles of a company with additional clauses for use by a property company and a procedure for expulsion of a member.
Table of contents
Nature and purposes of a company limited by guarantee
A company's formation and constitution
Reorganisations, takeovers and winding up
Memorandum of association
Alternative clauses for a property management company
Expulsion of a member
Checklist for formation of a company limited by guarantee
Application for membership
Notice of general meeting
Checklist of requirements - company stationery and premises
Checklist for converting an unincorporated charity into a charitable company
Checklist of annual filing requirements (charitable companies)
Running a Charity 4th editionRelease Date: March 31, 2015£67.00
New!Pre-orderButterworths Company Law Handbook 35th edition & Tolley's Company Secretary's Handbook 31st edition SetNew!Release Date: August 20, 2021£369.99
New!Pre-orderTolley's Company Secretary's Handbook 31st editionNew!Release Date: November 19, 2021£229.99