Anti-social Behaviour: The New Regime
A practical handbook for all professionals involved in dealing with anti-social behaviour, this title builds on the success of the popular Anti-social Behaviour: A Special Bulletin.
Why should you buy Anti-social Behaviour
The Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 introduces a new regime for tackling anti-social behaviour. The 2014 Act makes the following significant changes to available powers and sanctions for anti-social behaviour, including:
* Civil Injunctions replace Anti-social Behaviour orders (ASBOs). These can be made on the lower civil standard "on the balance of probabilities", but breach of the new injunction will no longer be a criminal offence
* Community protection notice - available for over 16s, breach of which is a criminal offence or fixed penalty notice
* Criminal Behaviour Orders replace Post-Conviction Orders (CRASBOs)
* Public spaces and property - a range of new powers including powers to disperse people from specified locality for up to 48 hours; Public spaces protection order, and Closure Notice
* Housing possession - a new controversial ground for mandatory possession for secured/assured tenancies where ASB has been proven by another court
This work provides analysis of the legal framework in which new powers will operate, as well as practical know-how on all aspects of dealing with anti-social behaviour, from formulating protocols and creating multi-agency working groups to preparing and presenting the case in court, and dealing with breaches.
In addition to the explanatory commentary numerous practical materials such as draft applications, orders and notices are included, together with the new Home Office Guidance and the relevant statutory provisions as amended.
This book aims to be a single volume guide to the new anti-social behaviour legislation. It is intended for use by all those involved in tackling anti-social behaviour and those who act on behalf of persons accused of behaving in such a manner. Read the full preface...
Table of contents
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes
Table of Statutory Instruments
Table of European Material
Criminal Behaviour Orders
Publicity of Injunctions
Community Protection Notices
Public Spaces Protection Orders
Closure of Premises
New Grounds for Possession of a Residential Property
Read the full contents