Tolley's Value Added Tax 2020-2021 (Second edition only)
Why should you buy Tolley's Value Added Tax 2020-21 (Second edition only)
Due to the ever-changing nature of VAT, and your need to have access to the most up-to-date information, this vital VAT guide covers all recent changes. It offers a complete picture of VAT. Updates include in-depth coverage of the UK and EU legislation, HMRC material, case law, tribunal decisions and the provisions of the Finance Act 2020.
What’s new in this year’s edition:
- Introduction of the domestic reverse charge for certain building services (effective 1 October 2020) and trading in renewable energy certificates (effective 14 June 2019) – two further extensions of the domestic anti-avoidance provisions.
- Changes to VAT grouping rules effective 1 November 2019 – individuals and partnerships can now be included in VAT groups.
- With effect from 1 January 2020, changes to call-off stock, intermediaries in chain transactions, evidence for removals of intra-EU movements of goods and the requirement to have the customer’s VAT registration number – four VAT quick fixes that were intended to simplify cross border transactions. The UK is bound by these during the transitional period.
- Major VAT changes announced in 2020 Spring Budget – postponed import VAT accounting, zero-rating for women’s sanitary protection and e-publications and changes to the agricultural flat-rate scheme eligibility requirements.
- Government measures to relieve impact of COVID-19 relating to VAT.
Table of contents
Tolley's Value Added Tax 2020-21 (includes First and Second editions)Release Date: April 22, 2020£229.99
New!Pre-orderTolley's Value Added Tax 2021-22 (includes First and Second editions)New!Release Date: April 19, 2021£245.99
New!Pre-orderTolley's Value Added Tax 2021-2022 (Second edition only)New!Release Date: September 20, 2021£169.99