Why should you buy Tolley's Taxwise I 2020-21
The first part of this two-volume set is a highly practical text on how to best approach real-life computations. Coverage includes IT, NIC, corporation tax, CGT, stamp taxes and VAT. Useful guidance tools include Q&As, cross-referencing and comprehensive indexing for fast, effective research. Worked examples are complemented by detailed explanatory notes and there are step-by-step guidelines on the layout of computations.
Important updates included in the latest edition:
- Reduction in lifetime limit and change of name for entrepreneurs’ relief
- Changes to principal private residence relief including the reduction of the final exempt period and restrictions on lettings relief
- Increase in employment allowance but restrictions on eligibility
- Changes to allocation of personal allowances against life insurance policy gains
- Restriction on carry forward of capital losses
- Differing car benefit percentages dependent on registration date from 2020/21
Written by tax experts who are renowned not only for their technical skills but also for their ability to explain complex tax issues in clear and simple terms.
Essential reading for all students in professional tax examinations.