The Family Court Practice 2020 (Red Book)
Why should you buy The Family Court Practice 2020 (Red Book)
The Family Court Practice (Red Book), covers the entire range of family business and contains all the essential materials you need to practise in the Family Court.
The new edition is fully updated to include the latest case-law, full coverage of new and amended legislation, Practice Directions and guidance. It also contains fully and expertly annotated statutes and rules together with scores of unique step-by-step procedural guides, which direct you effortlessly to the relevant rules and annotation.
What’s new for 2020
- Fully updated Procedural Guides; plus new guides in respect of criminal committal, and review applications where a change of circumstances is alleged following the making of a care order
- All recent legislative developments including Civil Partnership (Opposite-sex Couples) Regulations which extend civil partnerships to opposite-sex couples
- The latest amendments to the FPR and supplementary Practice Directions, including enhanced commentary in respect of FPR Part 9 and the expansion of the Financial Remedy Court system
- Coverage of the Civil Procedure Rules Part 57/PD57C procedure in respect of the Guardianship (Missing Persons) Act 2017
- Detailed analysis and practical guidance on all recent case law and key procedural developments in the areas of divorce, civil partnership, private/public child law, financial provision, enforcement and appeals
- Important guidance issued by the President of the Family Division (eg on Covid-19: National Guidance for the Family Court; The Financial Remedies Courts Good Practice Protocol; Guidance on Reporting Restriction Orders)
4 Paper Buildings
Richmond Green Chambers
Richmond Green Chambers
President of the Family Division
Table of contents
Table of Statutes
Table of Statutory Instruments
Table of Cases
Table of Practice Directions
Table of CPR, FPR and Supreme Court Practice Directions
Part I: Procedural Guides
• Detailed guidance covering the following areas:
• Applications for Relief Other Than Divorce;
• Application for Matrimonial and Civil Partnership Proceedings and Related Orders;
• Enforcement of Orders;
• Judicial Reviews and Appeals;
Part II: Statutes
• Pertinent provisions of all relevant statutes, reproduced in amended form and annotated by the expert team of contributors.
Part III: Procedure Rules
• The full text of the Family Procedure Rules 2010 and practice directions, plus relevant provisions and practice directions from the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 and the Supreme Court Rules 2009. All provisions are reproduced as amended, along with detailed explanation and guidance.
Part IV: Statutory Instruments
• Pertinent provisions of all relevant SIs appear in amended form, with commentary from the expert team of contributors.
Part V: Practice Guidance
• Relevant practice guidance for family law practitioners.
Part VI: European Material
• Coverage of significant European Regulations and Conventions, all fully annotated.
Part VII: Welsh Materials (Autumn Supplement and Online only)
• Essential materials relating to children law in Wales.
Summary of Fees