APIL Guide to MIB Claims: Uninsured and Untraced Drivers Fifth edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy APIL Guide to MIB Claims: Uninsured and Untraced Drivers Fifth edition
APIL Guide to MIB Claims: Uninsured and Untraced Drivers provides the practical advice that all personal injury litigators handling RTA cases need to advise clients whose claims involve untraced and uninsured drivers. These cases have always been fraught with procedural difficulties and the technical nature of the Uninsured Drivers' Agreement 1999 has increased the risks of default by claimants and solicitors.
This new edition has been extensively revised and rewritten to include:
- the impact of the UK withdrawing from the EU and the status of the Motor Insurance Directive (Directive 2009/103/EC);
- the significance of the Motor Vehicle (Compulsory Insurance) (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019 on s.151 RTA 1988;
- what we know about the future, the Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Bill
- totally revised chapter on the Green Card Scheme and the MIB's role handling accidents abroad after Brexit; and
- totally revised chapter on the Untraced Drivers’ Agreement 2017
Comprehensive case law update including:
- the Supreme Court cases of R&S Pilling -v- UK Insurance Ltd and Cameron -v- Liverpool Victoria Insurance Co Ltd;
- the Court of Appeal case of MIB -v- Lewis;
- Roadpeace -v- (1) Secretary of State for Transport (2) MIB;
- Brown -v- (1) Fisk (2) Soteria Insurance (3) MIB (4) Secretary of State for Transport; and
- Greenaway -v- (1) Parrish (2) Covea (3) MIB.