The Modern Law of Patents Fourth edition
The Modern Law of Patents is an essential resource for patent lawyers and patent attorneys.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy The Modern Law of Patents Fourth edition
The Modern Law of Patents is an essential resource for patent lawyers and patent attorneys. The title offers a fresh, and comprehensive exposition of law and procedure relating to patents in the UK and Europe; and includes key precedents and court forms, covers useful historical information and materials, and also explores recent and future developments in patent law in one handy volume.
The fourth edition of this title will cover:
- Key Supreme Court decision in Warner-Lambert Company LLC v Generics (UK) Ltd t/a Mylan and another 
- Recent key Court of Appeal decisions in Unwired Planet International Ltd v Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd & Anor , and Icescape v Ice-World 
- The revival of a doctrine of equivalents and Eli Lilly v Actavis 
- The new threats provisions under the Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Act 2017 and its relationship to malicious prosecution following Willers v Joyce 
- Declarations of obviousness: Fujifilm Kyowa Kirin Biologics v Abbvie Biotechnology Ltd 
- The effect on employee compensation following Shanks v Unilever 
- The Unitary Patent Court, including the Protocol on provisional applications (PPA) and the most recent (18th) draft of the Rules of Procedure
- Developments in IPEC practice
- The developments in cases on damages and account of profits case law
- Settlements and competition law: T-472/13 Ludbeck ECLI:EU:T:2016:449 (on appeal C-591/16)
- All the developments in practice under the Patents Act 1977, the Patent Cooperation Treaty and at the European Patent Office
“…a dependable, clear, concise, up-to-date and surprisingly readable tome…It is replete with sagely advice, incisive analysis and informative examples.” - Reviewed by Dr Matt Fisher (UCL, London) in the European Intellectual Property Review, E.I.P.R. 2019, 41(10), 664-665.