Cook on Costs 2021
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Cook on Costs 2021
Nobody who wishes to understand the principles and practice of legal costs should be without a copy.
This well-established and practical title returns fully updated with legislative changes concerning every aspect of civil costs, providing concise and comprehensive commentary on costs developments as well as straightforward explanations of the remuneration of solicitors and barristers. Using a dual approach, the text both informs and guides you through all aspects of the costs of contentious and non-contentious legal business.
What's new for this year's edition?
- The erosion of the 'Arkin cap' in non-party funding
- The anticipated amendments to 'variation' and 'retrospection of budgets'
- The recent decision in Rawbank that a claimant's Part 36 offering a discount of 0.3% constituted, in the circumstances, a genuine offer to settle
- New cases on Damage Based Agreements and funding
- Significant changes to the Detailed Assessment Procedure chapter including telephone, video and in person hearings and the use of electronic documents
- New commentary on the revised cost management provisions that came into being at the start of October