Why should you buy Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice Eighth edition
Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice is an authoritative and comprehensive guide for everyone involved in consumer and trading standards law. This book covers the full range of the work undertaken by consumer protection lawyers and trading standards officers in local authorities.
This user-friendly text provides a clear and exhaustive analysis of the law including case-law and its application, wording of the statutory provision, plus expert commentary and analysis of the practical issues.
This edition has been fully updated and includes:
- A new chapter on territorial jurisdiction to provide a practical guide on cross-border purchases for UK enforcers and consumers
- The Intellectual Property chapter has been updated to include the key findings from the 2017 OECD Report on counterfeit trade in the UK
- The Consumer Credit chapter has been substantially amended and updated to take account of the changing landscape of this area of law including the pre-contract information regime and withdrawal and cancellation
- Extradition relating to consumer protection offences
- Injunctive relief relating to intellectual property rights infringement