- Yet another chapter in the Yukos saga (Veteran Petroleum v Russian Federation)
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What was the background?
- What did the court decide?
- What is next for the parties?
- What does the decision mean for international arbitration practitioners globally?
- Case details
Arbitration analysis: The Court of Appeal of The Hague recently issued its long-awaited decision in the Yukos set-aside proceedings and revived the Yukos arbitral awards. The proceedings related to six awards rendered by an arbitral tribunal seated in The Hague, in investment arbitration proceedings under the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT). Sebastiaan Barten, managing associate, Georgios Fasfalis, associate, and Luuk Uilenbroek, junior associate, all members of the Linklaters Amsterdam DR Group, reflect on the decision and its implications.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial