- Will the UK f-gases regulatory regime post-Brexit be adequate?
- Original news
- What is the background leading up to this inquiry?
- What are the key findings and recommendations made in the report?
- What specific issues were noted to arise from the UK’s withdrawal from the EU?
- Is there any comment in the report with regard to the effectiveness of the recent amendments to the f-gas regime which introduced civil penalties for the enforcement of f-gas regulation?
- Are any other developments expected in this field and are there any other key issues worth mentioning?
Environment analysis: Is the UK f-gases compliance regime fit for purpose? Antony Bartholomeusz, barrister at 6 Pump Court, looks at the UK’s resources to tackle non-compliance of the f-gas regime, the challenges of replacing the overarching environmental governance structure provided by the European Environment Agency (EEA), the European Commission and the Court of Justice of the EU post-Brexit, and the likely impact for businesses.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial