- Will changing the rules for environmental costs create greater transparency in costs liability? (RSPB v SoS)
- Original news
- What background led to this case being brought? What changes were made to the environmental costs rules and why were these criticised by environmental groups and others?
- What points were brought by the NGOs and challenged in court?
- What did the court decide?
- What is the practical impact of the decision for lawyers and their clients?
Environment analysis: Katherine Barnes, barrister at Francis Taylor Building, discusses how this decision provides much needed clarity on the application of the new environmental costs rules.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial