- Who has the power to trigger Article 50?
- What is the issue about?
- What are the main arguments?
- Which view should prevail?
- What is the most likely outcome of the legal challenges?
- If the court applications fail, what happens next?
Public law analysis: Alexander Turk, professor of law at the Dickson Poon School of Law, Kings College London examines whether the royal prerogative is enough for the Prime Minister to push through Article 50—the legislation that will begin the formal legal proceedings of the UK leaving the EU—without parliamentary support.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial