- When will the court strike out an application?
- Original news
- Briefly, what were the issues in the case that led the court to consider making a striking out order?
- What were the options considered by the court to dispose of the mother’s application?
- Was the court’s approach consistent with the decision of the Supreme Court in Wyatt v Vince?
- Is this decision indicative of the courts taking a harder line with persistent litigants?
Family analysis: The strike out order made in a recent Schedule 1 case, on the appropriate quantum of periodical payments for a child, is indicative of the courts trying to find ways to stop persistent litigants, says Vicki McLynn, principal lawyer at Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP—but also demonstrates how difficult this can be.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial