- When high heels make the headlines—should employers be concerned?
- What is the factual background to this story?
- What legal issues arose in this story?
- As a matter of principle, can female workers be required to comply with certain dress codes or appearance requirements that aren’t applied equally to men, eg to wear skirts or adopt certain hairstyles?
- Can female workers ever be required to wear high heels at work?
- What should employment lawyers be advising their clients following this story?
Employment analysis: Scott Milligan, associate at Harper Macleod LLP, explains why employers should consider the wider legal and factual issues at play in work dress code requirements following last week’s high heels story.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial