- What makes a Community trade mark invalid?
- Original news
- What does this tell us about community trade marks?
- On what grounds was the mark invalid?
- What are the practical implications for those holding/registering a community trade mark?
- What part does ‘technical function’ play in the assessment of the validity of community trade marks?
- What should lawyers take from this case?
Intellectual Property analysis: The Reddig case was more than a clarification of the law on Community trade marks. Bill Lister, intellectual property partner at Heatons, explains how it is also a reminder that technical designs should be protected by patent or by design rights.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial