- What is the scope of the Berkeley Applegate principle? (Gillan and others v HEC Enterprises Ltd and others)
- Original news
- What was the case about?
- What was the background to the case?
- What were the legal issues Morgan J had to determine?
- What did Morgan J decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the practical lessons that those advising can take away from the case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Katie Longstaff, barrister at St Philips Stone Chambers, discusses the recent case of Gillan and others v HEC Enterprises Ltd and others and warns that office-holders should think carefully before embarking on costly trust-related work.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial