- Website blocks—net neutrality and consumer protection
- Original news
- By way of background, how did the introduction of the ‘block’ come to pass?
- What were the key issues raised in this case?
- Net neutrality
- Consumer protection
- How did the court approach the arguments raised and what was the outcome?
- How did the changing EU legal position affect this case?
- What are the implications of this case? To what extent does this limit the ability of companies to restrict access to competitor products?
IP & IT analysis: The High Court recently heard a case involving a ‘block’ implemented by Lycamobile which prevented its customers accessing Lebara’s new digital products and its websites. Mark Clarke, partner at Ashurst, along with associates Joanna Sidhu and Clare Hennessey, consider the background to the judgment and its implications.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial