- Views invited on the future of UK payments
- Original news
- Why did the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) launch the PSF?
- What is the background to and aims of the PSF’s consultation?
- What is the NPA and what are its key features?
- How does the NPA fit with European initiatives such as the Revised Payment Service Directive (PSD2) and the Interchange Fees Regulation?
- How does the PSF plan to implement the NPA?
- Which regulators will be responsible for the delivery of the NPA and what will be their involvement?
- What are the next steps?
Financial Services analysis: Following the Payments Strategy Forum’s (PSF) launch of its consultation on the blueprint for the future of UK payments, Peter Harper, partner in the competition, EU and trade group at Eversheds Sutherland, and Annabel Borg, senior associate professional support lawyer, explain the key features of the New Payments Architecture (NPA) and how it fits in with other ongoing regulatory and industry initiatives, both in the UK and the EU as a whole.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial