- Using mediation to resolve construction disputes
- What are the current trends in relation to mediation in construction disputes?
- How common is the use of mediation in resolving construction disputes?
- Is mediation an effective way of resolving construction disputes?
- When is mediation most likely to be effective?
- How are construction mediations different to other mediations?
- Are there any changes that could be made to mediation to make it a more attractive dispute resolution option?
- How do you see this area developing? Do you have any predictions for the future?
Construction analysis: To what extent is mediation being used to resolve construction disputes? David Evans, legal director, solicitor and mediator in the construction team at Blake Morgan and mediator at Oxford Mediation, considers that, while mediation is still not commonly used in construction disputes, it will likely become more popular due to the high cost of adjudication and gradually increasing awareness of the benefits and flexibility of mediation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial