- US steps to improve corporate transparency
- What is the background to the introduction of the CTA in the US House and Senate? How many attempts have previously been made to improve corporate transparency and what is the background to the introduction of this legislation?
- The US appears to be behind the rest of the developed world in this respect. Do you agree? What is the basis for this?
- What are the differences between this proposed legislation and that which has preceded it? How do you rate the chances of this act becoming law in the US?
- If it does become law, how do you think this will affect corporate behaviour in the US?
- What are the likely enforcement provisions? Do you think this is likely to have teeth in the US and if not why not?
- Are there any other points you think corporate crime practitioners should be aware of?
Corporate Crime analysis: Morgan J Miller, partner at Paul Hastings, Washington DC and London, considers recent developments with the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) in the US House and Senate, and its implications for the US corporate environment if it is passed.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial