- Unsettled solicitors and intervening insurers in road traffic accident claims
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- What did the court decide?
- To what extent does the decision clarify the law in this area?
- What does all this mean for lawyers and their clients? What should they do next?
Personal Injury analysis: What was the Court of Appeal’s approach in Gavin Edmondson Solicitors v Haven Insurance Co as to whether insurers are liable for directly settled portal claims which bypass solicitors? Nigel Teasdale, partner at DWF, considers the implications of the judgment for personal injury practitioners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial