- UK VW group action—how does it work?
- What is the basis of the legal action?
- Who is eligible to join the class action? Can a claim be brought even if the affected vehicle has now been sold?
- What are GLOs, how do they work and what impact will they likely have on any litigation?
- Is there a limit to the level of compensation available for GLOs of this kind and if so, what is the maximum amount?
- What has been the outcome of litigation relating to the VW emissions scandal in other jurisdictions, including Spain and the US, so far and does this make it more likely a claim will succeed in the UK?
- What are the next steps in the litigation?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Following the VW emissions scandal, thousands of VW owners in the UK have expressed an interest in suing the car retailer. Damon Parker, head of litigation, and Rosanne Murray, solicitor, both at Harcus Sinclair UK Ltd, discuss the basis of the legal claims and the group litigation order (GLO) which has been applied for on behalf of the claimants.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial