- UK accession to Lugano Convention—is the door now closed?
- Original news
- What is the current position with the UK joining the Lugano Convention 2007?
- Is there the potential for the EU to change its stance?
- What are the practical implications for practitioners?
- Does this potentially impact the UK and its courts in terms of being a centre for dispute resolution?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland has received a letter from the European Commission in June 2021 confirming its decision to withhold its consent to the UK’s application to accede to the Lugano Convention 2007. Angharad Parry, barrister at Twenty Essex, discusses the impact of the latest developments.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial