- Trunki sent packing by Supreme Court
- Original news
- What is the background to this appeal?
- What did the Supreme Court conclude?
- The CRD as an animal with horns
- Surface decoration
- Colour contrast
- Will Trunki be packing its cases for a reference to the Court of Justice?
- What can lawyers and their clients take away from this judgment?
IP & IT analysis: If a design registration shows no surface decoration should surface decoration be taken into account when considering infringement of that registered design? The Supreme Court gives its answer on this and other issues saying ‘yes, but on the facts—only a little’. The Supreme Court also declined to refer a question on surface decoration to the Court of Justice.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial