- Tribunal rejects applications for termination, trifurcation and security for costs (The Estate of Julio Miguel Orlandini-Agreda and Compañía Minera Orlandini v Bolivia)
- What are the practical implications of the decision?
- What issues were before the tribunal?
- What did the tribunal decide?
- Termination for manifest lack of jurisdiction
- Security for costs
- Case details
Arbitration analysis: In a decision dated 9 July 2019, the arbitral tribunal in an investment treaty arbitration concerning a dispute relating to two mining concessions in Bolivia dismissed the state’s triple application for the termination or trifurcation of the proceedings, and also that the claimants be ordered to give security for the respondent’s costs. The claimants alleged in the arbitration that their concessions and other related properties in Bolivia had been expropriated by the Bolivian administrative mining authority and other parties.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial