- Trends in the prosecution of directors
- What are the key areas in which prosecutions are currently taking place? What are the reasons behind this?
- What approach has BIS taken to enforcement in this area, and why? Do you expect this approach to enforcement to continue?
- What approach has the court taken to sentencing in this area, and why? Do you expect this approach to sentencing to continue?
- Are there any trends emerging in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
- What does all this mean for lawyers and their clients? What should they do next?
Corporate Crime analysis: Jason Mansell and Polly Dyer, barristers at QEB Hollis Whiteman Chambers, say directors should ensure that they are aware of their personal responsibilities under the Companies Acts and Insolvency Act 1986, particularly given the range of civil and criminal tools available.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial