- Trends in NOM clauses and the implications for other contract variations (Rock Advertising Ltd v MWB Business Exchange Centres Ltd)
- What are the recent trends in the enforceability of NOM clauses? What are the implications of the Rock Advertising decision for NOM clauses and what areas of uncertainty remain?
- What are the implications of such trends and the Rock Advertising decision beyond NOM clauses?
- How should commercial parties respond to such trends?
- How has the Rock Advertising decision impacted commercial or legal practice?
Commercial analysis: James Carter, partner, Elinor Thomas, legal director, and Tom Mead, associate, at DLA Piper UK LLP, consider the implications of the recent Supreme Court judgment in Rock Advertising Ltd v MWB Business Exchange Centres Ltd. The judgment concerns the enforcement of no oral modification (NOM) clauses in contracts, as well as the wider ramifications for other contract variations.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial