- Transitioning out of LIBOR and adopting SONIA—what is the impact for real estate finance?
- What are the key dates for transitioning away from London Inter-bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) ?
- What is likely to be used to replace LIBOR in real estate finance loans, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of that new rate?
- What are the practical considerations of moving to SONIA from LIBOR specifically for real estate finance loans, in particular, what elements of REF documentation should be analysed and considered?
- What should practitioners be doing now to prepare for this change, and do you think that a co-ordinated approach to making this change would be beneficial?
Banking & Finance analysis: Gordon McMillan, partner at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, considers the impact of transitioning away from the London Inter-bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) to the Sterling Overnight Index Average (SONIA) for real estate finance (REF), looking in particular at the impact on REF documentation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial