- To what extent do directors of a registered charity have a duty of care? (Raithatha (as liquidator of Halal Monitoring Committee Ltd) v Baig and others)
- Original news
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- Briefly, what was the background to the case?
- What were the main legal arguments raised?
- What did the registrar decide, and why?
- What are the practical implications of this case for insolvency lawyers advising their clients?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Sean Moran, partner at Shakespeare Martineau (and lawyer for the claimant), examines the decision in Raithatha v Baig and comments on the implications for company directors.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial