- To the letter—understanding the LMA REF insurance broker letter
- Original news
- What is the background to the publication of this document?
- When are such letters used and what is their purpose?
- What are the key provisions in the letter?
- Are any of its provisions likely to be subject to negotiation?
- Could there be any unforeseen issues that arise from the use of the letter?
- What advice do you have for real estate lawyers who will be engaging with this letter for the first time?
Banking & Finance analysis: Philip Abbott, partner at Fieldfisher, explains the background to the new insurance broker letter and user guide for use in real estate finance (REF) investment transactions, and the next steps for real estate solicitors engaging with the document for the first time.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial