- To freeze, or not to freeze—the Court of Justice question
- Original news
- Briefly, what is the background to this decision?
- What was the substance of this challenge?
- How did the court approach the principles in Kadi II in this case?
- What other issues were before the court?
- What are the practical implications of this judgment and to what extent could this affect future cases?
Banking & Finance analysis: When will the court find a freezing order of a bank’s funds unjustified? Ian Bean, managing associate at Mishcon de Reya, suggests the judgment in EU v Bank Mellat confirms the principles of the Kadi II test.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial