- The SEC should let broker-dealers unbundle research costs
- MiFID II
- US money managers are requesting to pay for research with hard dollars
- Requiring restructuring of research could diminish investor protection
- Harmony with current regulatory scheme for research services
- The FPA decision does not preclude relief
Law360, New York: James Brigagliano, Hardy Callcott and Erica Robertson of Sidley Austin LLP argue that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) can permit broker-dealers to ‘unbundle’ the cost of research and the cost of execution for all clients.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial