- The right to a trial (Hewes v West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS)
- What was the background of this case?
- What did the court decide?
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- The timing of an application for summary judgment
- Evidence in opposition to a summary judgment application
- The status of expert evidence at a summary judgment application
- Permission to rely on expert evidence at a summary judgment application
Personal Injury analysis: In Hewes v West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS, Foskett J allowed the claimant’s appeal, setting aside an order of Master Cook giving summary judgment for the third defendant. Martyn McLeish, barrister at Cloisters, who appeared alongside Joel Donovan QC for the claimant, comments on the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial