- The refusal to grant uplift on awards of damages claims
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise? Why is it significant?
- What did the court decide?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What does all this mean for lawyers and their clients? What should they do next?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Personal Injury analysis: Kerry Underwood, senior partner at Underwoods Solicitors, suggests Summers v Bundy could be used as a model to scrap costs shifting altogether in personal injury cases—and indeed other areas.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial