- The outlook for UK nuclear energy in 2018 and beyond
- Following the Nuclear Industry Council’s (NIC) proposals in respect of a nuclear sector deal, Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) stepping into Moorside, and the government launching its consultation on a new National Policy Statement (NPS) for new nuclear after 2025—what do you see as the outlook for large new nuclear in the UK in the coming years?
- The government has also now committed funding to feasibility projects for nuclear advanced modular reactors or small modular reactors and committed funding to nuclear fusion research. What do you see as the medium-term prospects for these technology types?
- On the basis of the NIC proposals and your experience more generally, what do you see as the outlook or focus for the UK nuclear sector (and in particular lawyers advising in the sector) in 2018 and beyond?
- What are the key government and industry announcements or clarifications that businesses and their advisors will be looking out for in 2018?
Energy analysis: The end of 2017 saw a raft of announcements and policy proposals on UK nuclear energy. As the position continues to evolve, James Reynolds, partner at Addleshaw Goddard, considers what to look out for in 2018 and beyond.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial