- The importance of registering CTM licences
- Original news
- What is the background to this dispute?
- What questions were referred to the CJEU?
- How did the CJEU interpret the relevant provisions of the CTM Regulation?
- In light of this ruling, can trade mark licensees take a more relaxed view on registration of their licences?
IP & IT analysis: Will the Court of Justice of the European Union’s (CJEU) ruling on the consequences of failing to register a community trade mark (CTM) licence come as a relief to trade mark licensees? Simon Chapman, partner, and Oliver Watson, managing associate at Lewis Silkin, discuss the CJEU’s ruling in Hassan v Breiding.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial