- The importance of proper service of a statutory demand (Canning v Irwin Mitchell LLP)
- Original news
- What are the practical lessons that those advising can take away from the case?
- What was the background to the case?
- What were the legal issues the deputy judge had to decide?
- What did the deputy judge decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Alice Hawker, barrister at Selborne Chambers, assesses Canning v Irwin Mitchell LLP and suggests that the decision highlights the importance of serving a statutory demand prior to presenting a bankruptcy petition.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial