- The importance of careful drafting and spens clauses in finance documentation
- Original news
- What is the background to the case?
- The spens clause
- The importance of imperative language
- Commercial considerations
- What does this mean for practitioners?
Banking & Finance analysis: What did the Commercial Court decide in Canary Wharf Finance plc v Deutsche Trustee Company Ltd? Emma Millington, solicitor in the Lexis®PSL Banking & Finance team, considers the recent decision by the Commercial Court as to whether a prepayment was a mandatory prepayment or voluntary prepayment under the terms and conditions of mortgage-backed debentures and whether a premium was payable to the Noteholders as a result.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial