- The impact of Brexit on divorce and financial proceedings in England and Wales
- What are the key changes in relation to jurisdiction in divorce proceedings that family practitioners need to be aware of after IP completion day?
- What will be the key changes regarding recognition and enforcement?
- What else should practitioners be aware of?
- What steps should practitioners be considering taking prior to IP completion day?
Family analysis: While the UK left the EU on 31 January 2020, EU law continues to apply until 31 December 2020 (implementation period (IP) completion day). Stuart Clark and Michael Allum, partners at The International Family Law Group LLP, consider the impact on divorce and financial proceedings in England and Wales going into 2021 and highlight some of the key points for practitioners to have in mind leading up to New Year’s Eve and beyond into 2021.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial