- The impact of an oral agreement
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- Why is it significant?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area?
- Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What does this mean for lawyers and their clients?
- What should they do next?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area?
- Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Family analysis: Graeme Fraser, partner at Hunters Solicitors, explains how the decision in Ely v Robson shows that, in the absence of family law based cohabitation statutory remedies, the court will continue to scrutinise the available evidence to demonstrate the parties’ intentions when it comes to agreements between cohabitants.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial