- The Great Repeal Bill—examining the impact on information law
- What is the current volume of EU law in your practice area, and how important is EU case law?
- Will new primary legislation be required—and, if so, what?
- What are the key legislative deficiencies and amendments anticipated under the Great Repeal Bill?
- Will any EU institutions be brought into the UK? What resources are required?
- What is the likelihood of divergence between the UK and EU post-Brexit?
- Are there opportunities for legal clarification? Or do you have any concerns about the direction the rules in this area could take?
Public Law analysis: Liz Fitzsimons, partner at Eversheds Sutherland, examines what detail is included in the government White Paper and reiterates the importance of avoiding a divergence between UK and EU data standards in order to maintain the free flow of data from the EU27 to the UK following Brexit.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial