- The Great Repeal Bill—examining the impact on consumer legislation
- Original news
- What is the current volume of EU law in your practice area?
- Will new primary legislation be required and, if so, what?
- What are the key issues for consumer law, and does the Great Repeal Bill address these issues?
- Will any EU institutions be brought into the UK?
- What is the likelihood of divergence between the UK and EU post-Brexit?
- Are there opportunities for legal clarification?
- What are the key challenges for lawyers in your practice area? What are the key points in terms of compliance?
Public Law analysis: What changes are afoot for consumer law in the Great Repeal Bill? Simon Popplewell, barrister at Gough Square Chambers examines what detail is included in the government White Paper and says that while Brexit may provide an opportunity to resolve some existing fractions between UK and EU law, he largely expects business as usual.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial