- The GDPR—preparing for implementation
- Original news
- What steps should organisations be taking now to implement the GDPR?
- Do you have any tips on how organisations can build and integrate a GDPR implementation plan?
- What is data mapping?
- Do you have any practical tips on how to manage data mapping?
- What are the different implications for the public and private sectors in preparing for implementation of the GDPR?
- What is the role of DPOs and what knowledge and experience must they have to carry out the role? Do they have to make themselves known to any specific regulatory bodies?
- How should firms go about making data protection impact assessments (DPIAs)? Do you have any best practice tips for complying with this element of the GDPR?
IP & IT analysis: What should organisations be doing to prepare for the implementation of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? As part of a series of articles to mark Data Privacy Day, Andrew Dyson partner and James Clark, associate, at DLA Piper, advise on how to prepare for the GDPR which will become directly applicable and enforceable from 25 May 2018.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial