- The future of IORP II
- What is the purpose behind IORP II?
- What are its key provisions?
- Funding requirements for cross-border schemes
- New requirements for cross-border transfers
- The primary objective
- Governance requirements
- Are there any significant changes from the previous draft?
- When will IORP II take effect and, in view of Brexit, will it ever be implemented in the UK?
- What will be the impact on UK pension schemes (assuming IORP II is implemented)?
Pensions analysis: The EU has agreed on a proposal for a revised Directive on occupational pension funds (IORP II). Liz Fallon, partner, and Tim Smith, senior associate, both in the pensions team at Eversheds LLP, look at the key provisions of IORP II in light of the uncertainty for UK pension schemes following the result of the Brexit referendum.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial