- The financial risks of data protection breaches
- What is the background to this requirement?
- Why has the EU gone from weak sanctions to such tough ones?
- How will enforcement work? Will enforcement actually happen?
- Which kinds of organisations are most at risk?
- What steps do organisations need to start taking now?
- What policies do you have in place regarding the transfer of data outside the EU or to other organisations?
- Are there other developments that you expect in this area?
IP & IT analysis: Could the financial penalties in the General Data Protection Regulation put organisations at serious financial risk? Kenneth Mullen, partner at Withers and head of its IP and technology team, considers the enforcement regime and the steps organisations (public and private) should be taking in advance of the enhanced reporting requirements.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial