- The final countdown—new sentencing guidelines to come into force
- Original news
- Briefly, what will change on 1 February 2016? What are the main changes coming into force?
- Are there any parts of the new guidelines that you think could cause problems/initial confusion?
- How long do you think until we’ll see the first sentences under the new guidelines?
- How do you see all of these changes working out?
Corporate Crime analysis: A new guideline will come into force on 1 February 2016 for the sentencing of offences relating to health and safety, corporate manslaughter and food safety and hygiene. Ian Thomas, a barrister at 6 Pump Court, explains its significance and potential impact.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial