- The Facebook jurisdiction debate (Douez v Facebook Inc)
- Original news
- What are practical implications for practitioners?
- What were the facts of the case?
- What was the principle to be decided in this case?
- What approach did the court take to jurisdiction clauses?
- Will the impact of this decision differ depending on the type of case?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Michael Shortt, an intellectual property lawyer practicing with Fasken Martineau’s Montreal office, discusses the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in the case of Douez v Facebook, Inc, 2017 SCC 33 (CanLII) and explains what practical consequences may arise.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial