- The evolving role of arbitration in construction disputes
- How common is the use of arbitration in resolving construction disputes?
- To what extent has this changed over the last few years?
- Is this likely to continue?
- Are construction disputes particularly suited to being resolved by arbitration?
- Which arbitration rules are commonly used?
- Are there any changes that could be made to the arbitration process to make it a more attractive dispute resolution option?
Construction analysis: To what extent is arbitration being used to resolve construction disputes? Hamish Lal, construction partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, suggests that while statutory adjudication and the existence of the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) has made arbitration less common on UK projects, the use of arbitration on international projects has increased significantly.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial